Visual Content Director
Visual Content Director
A non-profit established in 1998, The Cultural Landscape Foundation® (TCLF) connects people to places. TCLF educates and engages the public to make our shared landscape heritage more visible, identify its value, and empower its stewards. TCLF achieves this mission through the ongoing development of its three core programs:
- What’s Out There®, North America’s largest and most exhaustive database of cultural landscapes;
- Pioneers of American Landscape Design®, an in-depth multimedia library, inclusive of video oral histories, chronicling the lives of significant landscape architects and educators;
- Landslide®, an ongoing collection of important landscapes and landscape features that are threatened and at-risk.
TCLF is headquartered in light-filled offices in the heart of Washington, D.C.’s Dupont Circle neighborhood. If you thrive when given a diverse set of tasks, please get in touch!
Scope and Impact
The Visual Content Director plays an essential role by overseeing the visual aspects of all TCLF’s content—on its website, as well as in its photographs, oral history videos, and printed materials. He or she is responsible for maintaining TCLF’s brand identity.
Engagement with TCLF Team
- Train other staff members to maintain proper image-handling and naming specifications.
- Work with Communications Director and CEO to ensure strong visual selections.
- Manage outside specialists to ensure that they deliver materials according to schedule.
- Liaise with external partners/sponsors to ensure that they have all necessary materials to promote TCLF programs.
- Select and optimize all photos for website, e-newsletter, and special features.
- Oversee image selection for website, features, What’s Out There sites, and all outgoing communications by staff members.
- Design e-blasts.
- Design print advertising.
- Design event brochures and invitations.
- Collaborate on PowerPoint presentations.
- Oversee look and feel of TCLF website from home page curation to the design of banner ads.
- Manage consulting website developer.
- Coordinate with consulting graphic designer to maintain look and feel of TCLF brand identity.
- Direct, shoot, and edit TCLF videos, including Pioneers Oral Histories and other video projects that advance the mission of TCLF.
- Work with the CEO to coordinate production of oral histories videos.
- Perform research to develop interview questions for oral histories.
- Review and edit transcripts and other materials related to oral histories.
- Photograph TCLF events as required.
- Photograph What’s Out There tour sites as needed.
- Edit, crop, and optimize photos for TCLF website, communications, and programs.
- Maintain consistent style and feel for images to advance TCLF’s brand identity.
Other duties as assigned by President and/or Executive Director
Preparation and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree, at a minimum
- Degree in, or knowledge of, landscape architecture
- Experience in photography, photo editing, videography and editing, and graphic design work
- Expertise with the Adobe suite, including Premier Pro and After Effects; Drupal 7. (HTML is a plus)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; familiarity with Google Docs or another document-sharing tools a plus
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Please send application materials (cover letter and resume) as PDF attachments using the subject line “Visual Content Director – Your Name” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCLF is an Equal Opportunity employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse staff. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or other categories protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Photography, film-making, and graphic designs skills with at least 5 years’ experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree; background in landscape architecture